Smalltalk/X is a complete implementation of the programming language Smalltalk with a comprehensive class library and a graphical development environment.
Smalltalk – The High-Performance Basis
The language offers state of the art semantics combined with incremental translation. Resulting in extremely short turn around times during development, which allows for programming "while the system runs". This makes it one of the most powerful platforms for project development.
Development with Smalltalk/X
Smalltalk/X is fast, secure, stable and high-performing, strong on critical projects, well proven inside eXept and industrial customers and thus an outstanding platform to develop performant and robust applications.
Our Innovation–Your Benefit
- Graphical development environment with editors, browsers, debuggers, GUI Builder, refactory tools etc.
- Team support with central source repository, change and merge tools
- Incremental compilation, bytecode interpreter and dynamic (just-in-time) compiler
- Comprehensive class library with "ready-to-use" modules for applications
- Open Smalltalk source code
- Special features of Smalltalk/X: static compilation and DLL creation guided by makefiles
- Special features of Smalltalk/X: Makefiles, packages, deployable self installing packages are generated automatically
- Create self installing packages for UI or headless server applications
- Available in both 32bit and 64bit versions for Windows, Linux, Solaris, OS X and even Rasperry-PI (upon request)
- Free, no licensing costs, even for commercial users
- Maintenance, support and service contracts available
Smalltalk/X and eXept
Smalltalk/X was completely developed by our company and is constantly being extended and maintained. It constitutes the basis for our products. The advantages of Smalltalk combined with the comprehensive know-how of our team have made eXept fast and flexible during the development of the technologically-leading test automation solution expecco.
Our Solutions and Offers in Conjunction with Smalltalk
From subsystems, frameworks or complete applications from and to Smalltalk or to another Smalltalk dialect
We will develop your project based upon our many years of experience and comprehensive know-how
Support, Maintenance, Continued Development and Modernisation
We can help you to keep your existing system up-to-date